Hair & Make up
You start the day with having hair & make up done in the studio.
You get to sit, relax, and get pampered by me and the talented make up artist.
We can do everything from a no make up look to a full glam make up look.
WAX? SPRAY TAN?
When it comes to waxing and spray tans, I always encourage clients to only do something they are used to doing. If you get waxed regularly and know how your body will react, go for it! If not, I suggest avoiding it.
We don't get super up-close and personal in those areas usually and most stray hairs can be edited out. However, super red rashes and/or burns cannot be retouched very easily and could make for not so pleasant posing for you as well.
When it comes to spray tans, there's a few rule:
- Spray tan 2 days before your shoot.
- Shower at least 2 times before you come into the studio.
Whether you get one or not, I promise you will have amazing pictures!
What to wear?
Having a boudoir session is a perfect excuses to go buy some new lingerie but it is not necessary. As part of your Boudoir Session Fee you'll get access to the client closet where you can borrow beautiful pieces for your experience.
If you choose to buy some new lingerie here are some of my favorites:
- Body suits: They are always a great option for any and all body types! They're super flattering and come in so many styles, colours etc.
- Two or tree piece sets: There is so many cute set's out there with lots of beautiful details.
- A loose slouchy sweater or t-shirt with panties: It is comfy and it's casual. It is the perfect way to start a session and getting used to being in front of the camera.
- Robes, Cardigans or Kimonos are all great to bring. They can add a lot to an outfit and it gives us something to play around with.
A few last tips to make sure you're comfortable at your session:
I recommend to start stretching a couple of days before your session. There will be a lot of lower back arching and stretching of the arms and legs.
Drink plenty of water leading up to the session, and wear some loose fitting clothes the morning of to make sure you don't have any un-wanted marks on your skin from tight fitted clothing
Most of all, RELAX! You're in good hands! I hope this guide helped to ease your mind and get you excited for your session! I cant wait to help you plan and encourage you to reach out with any other questions or concerns! Your boudoir session is going to be unforgettable!